About this Event
Are you ready?
The RISE conference centers Muslim women’s voices by building a social network, providing concrete steps for change, and inspiring women to use their own strengths to positively affect social issues.
Our theme this year, Right Time. Right Now, is meant to inspire, motivate and galvanize you into action.
This year’s keynote is Dr. Jamillah Karim, an award-winning author, speaker, and blogger. She specializes in race, gender, and Islam in America.
Our workshops include:
- Recognizing Your Power by Hayah Abuelyaman
- Mental Health (Intergenerational Trauma) by Ruun Said
- Trauma and Reconnecting to Allah by Ust. Kaltun Karani
- Healing Justice by Asma Mohammed
- Leading Authentically by Salmah Hussein
- Self-Exploration by Sally Hassan
Sagirah Shahid, Spoken Word Artist
The Somali Museum Dance Troupe
ASL Interpreters available.
*This space is reserved for those who identify as Muslim women.*